- 25 continuous tenements in Bahia State, covering 433sq kms. Purchased between 2011 and 2017
- Has produced and sold highest quality iron ore products with low impurities, including DSO material with 65%+ Fe content and enriched itabirites to prove production, processing, logistics and marketability of products.
- Significant additional Manganese potential resources already targeted
- Access to 5 road routes, two rails and two ports for export
HIGH GRADE 65% FE PRODUCT
Iron ore which we produced had over 65% Fe content, Silica 4.6%, Alumina 1.04%, Phosphorus 0.02%, attracting high premiums. Highly sort after both domestically and abroad. Between February 2017 and April 2018 the international benchmark iron ore price fell 26% but high quality ore prices have actually risen (Thomson Reuters Datastream/World Bank/Reuters)
Domestic and international demand for this quality DSO far exceeds global supply.
25 HIGH QUALITY MINING TENEMENTS
The deposits are well located for low cost production and transportation – contain more than 590 million tonnes of exploration targets of iron ore with geological potential for 2 billion tonnes, plus over 5 million tonnes of targets for manganese in 3 tenements with a further 22 tenements currently being developed into exploration targets.
Over 90% of the areas of geological potential are unexplored.
Access to an existing integrated logistics chain (mine, truck, rail and port) as outlined in the Protocol of Intent with the State of Bahia. Mine located 500kms from existing and operating ports at Aratú and Ilhéus and to new Porto Sul for cape vessels from 2019
ASIA, EUROPE AND DOMESTIC SHIPMENT COMPLETED
Domestics sales undertaken. Export markets tested: Already shipped 240,000 Tonnes of iron ore in 4 trial shipments going to Mittal in Gijon Spain , Tata in Holland and Zhejiang in China .
HIGHLY EXPERIENCED MANAGEMENT TEAM
World class experienced management team with track records delivering major mining projects with BHP, Ferrous Resources, Fortescue Metals Group, Rio Tinto and Vale.
CURRENT STATUS MOCÓ TENEMENT
- Resource exploration including drilling campaign for Manganese
- Deploying funds for Mocó tenement near term production 1-3 mtpa
NEAR TERM BUSINESS
- Develop Business up to 5Mtpy of DSO and Sinter Feed with a mix of Domestic and Export Sales
- 1.2Mtpy domestic demand contracted,1.8tpy to export and high quality sinter feed
- Commence manganese production
THE FUTURE BUSINESS: 2020+
- Expand manganese production
- Infrastructure investment to increase capacity & reduce logistics costs via (1) Enhanced Rail transport and (2) cape size ships
- Will take 2-3 years to complete optimum logistics chain
- Production Capacity will then exceed 20Mtpy
- Expanding the Business into itabirite mining and beneficiation
- Production will be DSO, Itabirite and Manganese